Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, the day of rest, right?

I broke the Sabbath today, not bad, but I spent money. While driving home from church, I saw the same little boy selling newspapers on the corner. I felt bad because I always drive by and don't buy one. I can't help but look him in the eye. Most people just ignore him or try to look away, but not me. I look straight at him, and he stares into my poor soul. I can't say no to people, well most people. So today, I caved. I took out $2 from my wallet and gave it to him. I even let him keep the change.
I was feeling pretty good about this decision. I mean, I probably made his day, right? Then when my husband got home, he talked a little more sense into me. He asked me if I knew where that kid got those papers from. I'm thinking, yeah he has some sort of deal with the Albuquerque Journal. Husband says, no. He more than likely got them from one of the newspaper machines where you put in the $1 and then are supposed to only take 1. He probably took them all.
I basically just funded a lifetime thief. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment