If you don't want to hear me complain/rant, then you should stop reading this now.
Here's our situation: We LOOOVE our house that we live in. It was such a wonderful upgrade from an apartment, and quite honestly, I don't think I could ever move back into a little apartment where you can hear your neighbors do everything. And, I don't want to. We've been so spolied in this house, and even more spoiled because we're renting from family. Basically, we pay the same for rent as we would for an apartment. (and some of the apartments I've looked at, we pay less!!!). It's honestly the best sitauation. We pay apartment-like rent for a house... and did I mention how nice it is to park in a garage?
But now, we must come to a decision. My sister is moving to Texas in the fall to get her PhD, so we can't rent from her anymore. She's selling her house, and we are not in a place to buy right now (we have no idea where we will be in the next year, so we don't want to buy now and then have to rent/sell in a year). I do not want to move out of the area we are living in, but I also don't want to rent an apartment in the area. So, we're stuck. Do we buy? Do we rent an overpiced house that makes you sick thinking about writing your rent check? Do we rent a little creepy apartment in a super ghetto area (not that our house is in a better area, but it's way diferent in a house than an apartment complex). We have found some houses to rent that are for a decent price, but we'd have to move, and that seriously depresses me. It's not that I love the area so much, we've just really gotten used to it. Dylan's family claims the West side, my parents have the East Side, and this was our own little area. The main reason is we love our ward so much, and don't want to start all over in a new one. So, for now, we're homeless (well atleast in the near future).
If anyone wants us to live with them, just let me know. We are great roomates, and we'll even go halfers on the rent with you.
Hey, we should chat. We haven't had any offers on our house yet. But I'm pretty sure barkley could jump our wall. Email or text or call.
ReplyDeleteOh no! How crappy! After 5 years of apartment living, I think I'm done too haha. I say rent, though- so you're not stuck with a house you may not be able to sell. Because then you'll be paying two mortgages for wherever you go next!
ReplyDeleteCall Josh. He could probably find something good for you! BTW I'm back in Salt Lake, we need to chat...
ReplyDelete