
Not literally, but Dylan and I have a big problem when it comes to food. It is impossible for us to eat at home. I go to the store, buy groceries, and then we eat out. We are so lame. I don't think we've gone an entire week of not eating out the entire time we've lived in Albuquerque. I love the grocery store, and especially COSTCO!!! I could name at least 10 things I love about Costco off the top of my head, yet I buy the food and then don't' eat it. We throw away a lot of groceries too, which makes me realize even more that we have a serious problem. We're wasters.
So, this is my pledge. In May (give me the rest of the week to ween ourselves) we will try to eat at home for 5 days in a row, M-F of every week. I'm not going to like it, but my wallet and belt will thank me for it.
thing is, with only 2 people in the house, if you want to eat something fancier and healthier than mac & cheese, you end up spending almost as much by eating in as you do eating out. Almost. Sortof. Ok, I just like eating out.
ReplyDeletebrian and i have the same problem, and amen to the above comment. anytime i think, "ok, i'm really going to make (any food)," i go spend $25 on groceries and we have it forever and eventually throw leftovers away. then we have all these leftover ingredients from halving the recipe... so annoying.
ReplyDeleteis that weird that the mcdonalds logo made me want a filet of fish sandwich? remember how your dad is the only other person in the world who enjoys those? well actually, i found one other person while i was in hair school. i shouldn't publicly post this.