Monday, October 17, 2011

Husbandless

I know you are not supposed to announce things like this on the internet, but I’m not really one for all the CSI, murder shows, so I’m still skeptical. My husband has been gone since Saturday, and don’t worry he is coming back. He’s at an interview in Miami right now for a school down there. Though Miami might seem like a luxurious destination for the next 4 years, I’m still not buying it (I even could’ve gone on the trip, but because of work stuff I decided to stay back). As crazy as it sounds, I’m ok with staying in New Mexico, but we’ll see where everything takes us over the next few months. We should know where we will be ending up in February-ish, so for the next few months, our lives are “To Be Continued….” in the schooling/living arena for next year.
When husband’s go out of town, it’s the perfect opportunity for the wife to do WHATEVER she wants. “When the cat is away, the mice will play”. You know the saying. And, no, I didn’t do anything crazy while D-man was gone, but I did some good old-fashion cleaning of the house…. Including throwing away lots of Dylan’s clothes that I no longer approve of). I even did a few things around the house that I probably would need to get prior approval if Dyl was here. I spray painted some picture frames white to lighten up our bedroom a little bit. It looks AMAZING. And I bought some super cute Halloween stuff for the house.
Other than that, it’s been super lonely without the husband around. The 6 hours was great. I dropped Dyl off at the airport, ran errands with my mom, went out to dinner with my friend Katy and her adooooooorable baby (the kind of baby that makes you want to have kids even though you don’t really like newborns), went to Target, and even posted some stuff on EBay I’ve been meaning to sell for months. Sounds like a great night, right? Well it was, up until I finished some cleaning and had no one to cuddle and watch a movie with. Barkley is useless when it comes to cuddling (she’s super temperamental and only lets you sit next to her if she’s in the mood), and she kept doing this creepy thing where she stood looking down the hallway like someone was there (after watching the Paranormal Activity previews on TV too many times, I got really scared and locked us in my bedroom for the rest of the night). I thought it would be a great little at home vacay with the Mr. gone, but it has actually been a big sob story (don’t feel bad for me, he comes back tomorrow). I guess it just makes me realize how much I love my husband, and even though we get in silly fights and stuff, there is no one else I’d rather spend my time with. (ok, enough mushy gushy).

***Disclaimer: If you are a robber thinking about breaking into my house while my boo is away, I have a super mean pitbull that will kill you****


And, for your viewing pleasure, I can’t get enough of this video. I die every time I watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Jessy your so funny! I miss you to death, and whenever a scary preview comes on the tv I seriously close my eyes or I wont sleep :)

    ReplyDelete