Monday, June 11, 2012

The Graduate


This is one of those occasions that I get to brag about my husband. If you are already annoyed, then stop reading. But I’m so proud of Dylan. He graduated with not one, but two bachelor’s degrees in 4 years. Most people can’t even get one degree in 5 years (I’m a 4 ½ year-er, so I am super impressed).  Dylan has worked so hard in school, studied so many hours, taken so many tests, and even had time to hang out with me sometimes. He’s on some sort of Dean’s or President’s list (good GPA, but because he’s not of another ethnicity, UNM doesn’t want him for Med School… boo, but more on that later). He’s pretty great.
 
We spent the day going to breakfast with my grandparents (they are old and don’t have to go to boring ceremonies and stuff, so they got to skip the graduation stuff). The ceremony was very UNM-ish. Ghetto if you will. They were letting people get up out of their seats whenever they wanted, some kid opened a flask (of alcohol) and took a big swig before he walked on stage, and there were hoochie mama dresses like I’ve never seen before. I love New Mexico.
 
Enough with the stories, here are some pics of my graduate.
 









Now we are 4 years down for school, and only 4 more to go (plus residency….one day we’ll be done).

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had met him once, ever, so I could write a personal, heartfelt congratulations.

    ReplyDelete