Where to begin?? Well we all know where babies come from, so
I know I don’t have to go there… But in all seriousness Dylan and I are so so
so super excited for our little baby to get here in March 2014. It’s kind of funny
how things work out sometimes. I mean I get it, how Heavenly Father works and
all, but it’s pretty great sometimes when you just kind of let it all go.
I was scheduled for a doctor’s appointment at the beginning
of July to start “checking things out” if you know what I mean. It had been a
year since the terrible awful, and we hadn’t been able to get pregnant on our
own, so we thought there might be some sort of issue or whatnot. So the
beginning of July comes around and somehow I didn’t get that thing that tells
you you’re not pregnant (you know), so the initial fertility consultation
turned into an OB appointment. I actually ended up hating my first doctor. The
initial pee test that they had me take in the office came back negative, so
they were trying to tell me I wasn’t pregnant from that (which clearly from the
picture below and the fact that I bought 3 different pregnancy test brands to
make sure, I knew I was. Side note: I couldn’t wait to tell Dylan in a creative
way, and he was studying at school so I just text him this picture and he came
home right away. It was probably one of the happiest moments in our marriage.
So fun).
So I had to do the HCG blood test, but this happened to be
the day before the 4th of July, so I had to wait an ENTIRE day to
get the rsults back. And low and behold, it came back positive! After that, the
OB was telling me “anything can happen” “not to get my hopes up”, etc etc,
which you DO NOT tell to someone who has had issues with pregnancy in the past.
So, I switched doctors, and now go to this way funny Cuban
doctor who loves babies. He is exactly what I needed, super positive, and I
think he is even more excited than Dylan and I to have this baby. Plus, he
gives us an ultrasound at every apoointment which is so fun, and he let us find
out the sex of the baby when I was only 13 weeks (he did a blood test, it’s
this new trendy test and it was awesome finding out so early, but kind of weird
at the same time since we hadn’t told people yet and I wasn’t showing even
though I thought I was).
Anyways, the first trimester was a real doozy for me. I was
super sick all the time, super tired, and just did not feel “normal” like ever.
I was always nauseaous, and the only thing that made me feel better was eating
or sleeping. Poor Dylan, he probably thought I was such a loser during that
time. I was thinking that was going to be how all of pregnancy was, and I was
really thinking there was no way I could do this for a second baby if it lasted
the whole 9 months. Then, the second trimester came around, and I was like a
whole new woman. I still love sleeping
(but that is just how I roll), but I can pretty much eat normal again (though I
still love carbs). I can even go to the gym without having to take a 3 hour nap
afterwards (though sometimes I take the nap just because I want to). I did quit
crossfit in my first trimester (I will write a post on my love of crossfit in
the future because I owe it a million blog posts for my obsession), and I just
joined a normal gym right behind my house which has been good. I haven’t had
any weird cravings, though there was a 2 week period that I ate a jar of
pickles every 2 days (cliché but it was sooo good). I switch up what I love
every week or so, this week it is chips and salsa.
WE don’t have a name yet, though there are a few that we
think we like. We are going to wait until we meet the little guy to decide who
he is, just our preference.
I know we waited a long time to share the news, but it was
just such a fun special time for us that we kind of liked keeping it that way.
We are so overwhelmed with all the excitement from our friends and family, and
we can’t wait until March. We just know he is going to be so cool since he took
so long to decide to get here.
Not that everyone needed a play by play on this pregnancy,
but I just started writing and couldn’t stop. So, there you go. Here’s some
pictures of my progress. I’m almost 23 weeks now (on Saturday), but our A/C is
out and won’t be fixed until tomorrow, and I’m strutting around this hot
hell-hole house of mine is just my undies so you will have to wait.
This is me at 12 weeks thinking I look like I have a bump…
in reality I look back and think “dang I was skinny”


This is me at 15 weeks thinking the bump is again huge… it’s
more just bloating. And Barkley wanted to get in on it
This is 19 weeks and I have an actual bump now. It’s fun
when people know that I’m pregnant, but for the most part people just think I’m
fat stillJ




I LOVE THIS! I LOVE BABY! HURRAY!!! I am going to come see this baby ASAP once we get back to FL!! Congratulations J-bay and Dylan!
ReplyDeleteI sure loved this post!!!! Isn't it funny looking back at those belly pictures? At the time you think "dang I'm huge!" but then as pregnancy progresses you realize you were not big at ALL. Either way, you still look amazing!!! I'm so excited for you friend.
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest!! I am so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteYay, yay, yay!!! I love it! All of it! I'm sorry your first OB had no filter. Geez! And I loved the play-by-play, it was perfect. Don't you go giving up those naps, girlfriend. My oldest is almost 4 and I still take them often! :) I'm excited for you!
ReplyDeleteHow have i never read this??? I love it and I love hearing about the little details. I remember not wanting to tell people bc it just seemed way too good to be true, and for some reason I felt like if I told people out loud it would make it less real. ? I am sooooo excited to meet this boy!
ReplyDelete