So, I know I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog,
and since I don’t want the era of blogs to die, I’ll do it. But it’ll be slow,
and I’m going to do it backwards because it’s way easier to remember what
happened yesterday. I’ll continue to go through my photos and then either make
up cool stories about it or tell you what actually happened.
So, first thing is first. Dylan and I just moved (again) to
a different place in Florida. We just moved to this little beach town called
Sunny Isles. It’s heaven. It’s closer to Dylan’s school, literally 5 minutes
from the beach walking, and we live near all our friends. It’s so fun, and we
love it. I’ll write more on that later. But, with a move came a new ward. I was
just recently the Young Women’s President in our last ward, and let’s face it, “high
profile” callings are a lot of work. So, I was kind of hoping to lay low and
maybe not even get a calling in the new ward for a little bit, or at least get something
awesome like ward greeter. Dylan and I were in our new ward for a total of 3
days, and then I got called to be in Young Womens and Dylan in Young Mens. So,
here we are again. It’s actually been awesome with Dylan working with the youth
too because now we do all the activities and stuff together. It makes it so
much more fun.
Yesterday we were lucky enough to go to the temple with the
cutest kids ever. I really cannot say enough about the kids in this ward. A lot
of them are converts or don’t have active parents, and they are solid. They
come to church on their own, ask amazing questions about the church, and are
just awesome. I sometimes wonder why I’m the leader because they are way better
examples to me than I am to them. Heavenly Father is funny sometimes.
Though it’s challenging and time consuming and crazy at
times, I’m so so so grateful to be working with the girls right now (and Dylan
the boys). It has been one of the sweetest blessings and I am constantly
reminded of how exciting the gospel is and how much happiness it can bring us.
Ok, enough churchy testimony stuff, here’s some pictures.





I can't imagine how much these girls must love you. You'd be the best YWs leader--no wonder you keep getting called in there! :)
ReplyDeleteI'ma be needing that dress. Where is it from? Also I agree that you would be an awesome YW leader! How long does it take you guys to get to the temple?
ReplyDeleteJessy! I'm so happy to see you blogging again! I seriously can't get over how much fun you must be in YW and I am sure that you are loved so much by those girls.
ReplyDelete